5.31.2010

i'm sorry for the nights i can't remember.


It nights like these, where i crawl out of my second story window and roll across my lawn then sprint down my street till I'm far away from where my parents can see me, where i meet all my friends and a bunch of fresh faced strangers at a park. 
everyone's taking shots, flying high, smiling, and laughing. 
There's the odd bit of drama to keep things exciting but over all everyone's trying to live their lives as happy as possible. Stranger's welcome you with open arms, some with open lips, open minds, open hearts, or even open legs.
we're all hiding something, covering it up with glazed eyes. but noone's here to judge because, we're all the same.
then, at the end of the night, or the beginning of the morning i'll sneak back into my window, hope noone came to check on me and fall asleep all alone.
It's nights like those that make me feel free, like anythings possible. 
like the past can't ever affect me anymore, won't ever affect me anymore.
then i wake up, in the late afternoon, only to find i've gone and made a million more mistakes, to find that the past is still catching up with me.
It's nights like those that discust me.
but at the same time, i'll replay them again and again.
because, for that moment. 
those few hours where the rest of the world couldn't touch me, i felt invincible.
the consequences don't add up to half as much as that feeling.