6.05.2010

everyone can see it.
you're a stain, on my brand new white t-shirt.
you linger upon the left side of my chest, close to my heart.
I was clumsy.
got into this thinking this time it'd be different.
thinking i could keep calm, keep things under control.
but of course, i was wrong.
i made a mess.
as usual.
and now everyone can see what's become of me.
what's become of us.
but what has become of us?
some would say, we're simply friends, friends with benifits.
some would say, we're together.
I'd say neither.
I'd say that i don't own you, that while i've got this stain for everyone to see it's not quite as visible on you.
I'd say that I'd like to own you, i'd like for my name to be plastered all over you so that noone else would even think to look at you.
I'd like for us to have matching stains.
but these days, all you've got to do is find the next best laundry detergent before your stain's gone.