10.20.2009

temptation .


you put your hands on my waist and pulled me in,
nice and close.
i could smell what had once been the familiar scent of your cologne
but what had once seemed like such a sweet scent no longer gave me the butterflies it used to.
i took a deep breath, breathing it in.
the feeling of nausea came over me.
i looked into your eyes.
there it was, temptation, right in front of me,
me, of all people .
you looked me back in the eyes - "i missed you." you said, pulling me in once again
but this time really close,
too close.
your lips hovered a mere millimeter from mine.
you kissed me.
there was nothing i could do.
it had been done.
i unstiffened, falling into your arms with the realization that i was defenceless against you and your charm.
you leaned back to look my in the eye once again - "so much."
you paused, "too much."
my stomach dropped as you leaned in for another kiss and i turned my head,
your lips landing upon my cheek.
"i can't." i said.
"but you want to, don't you ? Nobody will --" i cut you off,
"no." you looked into my eyes with that disappointed look you give,
it didn't fase me.
i was used to that look coming from you .
"Do me a favour ?" i asked, my eyes filling with tears.
"anything." you said, your voice cracking, slightly.
"get over me." you looked away from me,
"you can't make me."
now, you might deny it but i could hear the tears in your voice .
"please." i begged.
you looked at me, jaw clenched and eyes bloodshot.
i took that as my cue.
i picked up my bag, stood up from your bed and just as i was about to walk out your door i turned, for one last look.
probably one of the biggest mistakes I've ever made ...